CAREERS AT BAUMAN’S CIDER
Bauman’s Cider Company is a small craft cidery located at Bauman’s Farm & Garden in Gervais, Oregon. The cidery was founded in 2016 by Christine Walter, reviving the cider making practices first started by her Great Grandpa Stephen during the farm’s early homestead days. Now, we work hard to create new and exciting ciders for the modern era, as well as small batch traditional ciders.
Packaging and Cellar Person
Bauman’s Cider Company is seeking a 30-40 hours/week Packaging and Cellar Person for immediate hire. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small team at a growing company. The Cellar Person is an entry-level role, with room to grow into a full-time Cider Maker. We are looking for someone who is ready to learn, be creative, and bring a positive attitude to our cidery! People from all genders, ethnicities, orientations, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Cellar Person will learn a wide variety of cider making practices. Everyday will be different than the last, but in general the right candidate will work alongside the Cider Makers to safely, sanitary, and efficiently complete the following tasks, always upholding our standards of quality:
● Cleaning/Racking kegs
● Assist with/lead bottling runs on our refurbished (thoroughly souped up!) mid-90’s Meheen
● Cleaning tanks
● Maintaining organization and cleanliness of the production space and walk-in
● Always have a mind to personal and general safety
Occasional odd jobs pop up around the cidery. These could include:
● Festival/Event help
● Deliveries to local accounts
● Ingredient/tool pick ups
● Processing fresh fruits (e.g. pitting peaches, chopping ginger, juicing citrus)
● Equipment maintenance
● Checking in on the petting zoo/responding to panicked customers about goat escapes
● Standing/Walking for long periods
● Crouching, bending, reaching, grabbing
● Lifting 55 pounds and moving 160 pounds (kegs) unassisted.
● Ladder use
● Close and distance vision are necessary to perform this job
● Candidates must be able to work in a noisey, sometimes wet, and hot/cold environment
Money and healthcare and PTO and cider! Wages are competitive and based on experience. Flexible hours are generally available.
Send your cover letter and resume to: Christine@BaumansCider.com
Equal Opportunity Employer